How to find printer IP address actually is easy. If you follow the guide from us, you can find the IP address easily. But, before you proceed the steps, it is best to consider the questions below.
- Does the printer have display menu?
- What does the types of computer or laptop you use, Windows or Mac?
- Do you familiar with Command Prompt?
Now you already have the answers. See which way that is best for you based on your answers.
Configure IP address using printer’s display menu
Display menu onboard can be used to set the IP address. Each printer, of course, have their own configuration menu. You should read the printer owner’s manual to get more specific details. The steps below are appropriate for general printers.
- Press ‘’Menu button on your printer.
- Find ‘Networking’ or ‘Network setup options’ using the buttons on the printer. Press ‘Enter’ once you find it.
- On the display menu, you will see the list of available networks options. Use arrows to navigate the list, press ‘Enter’ to your Wi-Fi network.
- Choose TCP/IP or IP address to get IP address or to change its setting.
Configure IP Address using Windows PC/laptop
- Go to ‘Control Panel’ menu. Click ‘Devices and Printers’ then press Enter.
- Select particular printer that you want to configure.
- Right-click the chosen printer and click ‘Printer Properties’. Click ‘General’ tab and ‘Location Box’. The printer IP address will be listed there.
- If you still can’t find the IP address, click ‘Port’ tab in Printer Properties. Printer IP address will be listed in Port lists.
- Still can’t find the IP address? Open ‘Port’ tab and click ‘Configure Port’. Printer IP address will be shown on the main window. Click ‘System Info’ tab if you still don’t know your IP address.
Configure IP Address using Command Prompt
- Open ‘Command Prompt’ window.
- Type nestat –r then press Enter.
- On your laptop display will be shown the list of printer and other devices.
Configure IP Address using router’s setup menu
- Open browser and type 192.168.1.1 on the address bar then press Enter.
- Input your username and password.
- Find ‘DHCP client table’ to get client list.
- Open client list and select your printer to get IP address.
A note for you, if you only set up the printer with USB cable, the IP address might be different with IP address from wireless network. Always refer your printer owners’ manual to get further information how to find printer IP address.